Government of Malaysia is going to change the fuel subsidy scheme again by car sizes! It is practicable? Under the new scheme, owners of big car models come with higher engine capacity or bigger engine cc in Malaysia will have to pay more for fuel.
Current petrol price in Malaysia for subsidized RON95 is RM1.80 per liter. But, after 31st April 2010, the fuel price of RON 95 without subsidy will be at least RM2.10. Big car owners, are you ready for the new fuel prices?
How to Ensure the Petrol Subsidy is given to the Right People?
- Fuel subsidy according to car engine capacity
- Use MyKad to ensure the petrol subsidy is given to Malaysian only
Owner of Big Cars to Pay More for Fuel
Hope government to reveal the details fuel pricing mechanism for people as soon as possible so that we can feedback on it to ensure the new policy can be implemented fairly to every group of people. Below are few scenarios and issues that concerned by many of us:
- Buy Small engine cc car – Fair.
- Buy Big engine cc Old car – Not Fair. They buy second hand used car, they are making the right choice due to their limited budget, nothing wrong right? Is there any exemption for these cars to enjoy fuel subsidy? Else, what will happen to our used car sellers’ market in future?
- Buy Big engine cc New car – Fair. Since they insist to buy big car for better comfort level, I assume they are aware about the cost of owning the new big car.
- Buy Small engine cc car – Fair. Please be compromised yeah! haha
- Buy Big engine cc car – Fair? Why should rich people pay higher petrol prices? They earn more money because of their better capability. A lot of rich people scarifying their time to work hard too, just like those with lower income, right? Besides, what if they own both big and small cars?
MyKad is a Must to Buy Petrol in Future!
I agree and support for this policy. It should be workable by indentifying Malaysian or non-Malaysian using MyKad to avoid other nationals take advantage on our cheap petrol prices. Other than that, we should fully utilize the technology of Maykad since we claimed it as the world’s first smart identity card, right?
MyKad, or Government Multipurpose Card, (GMPC) is the official compulsory identity card of Malaysia. It is regarded as the world’s first smart identity card. Part of the Multimedia Super Corridor flagship applications, it was officially launched on September 5, 2001 and incorporates a microchip, which contains several items of data including biometrics. Source: Wikipedia